Egypt is an important country in Africa and its economic development is stable. Registered Egyptian trademark is a convention that Egypt has acceded to, including : international conventions ( Stockholm text ), Madrid Agreement ( international registration ), trademark law treaties, the World Intellectual Property Organization. Classification of goods and services : Commodity classification principles are the same as international classifications, with a total of 34 categories ; the classification of services is based on national classifications, comprising 12 categories from 101 to 112.
1. Applicant qualifications
1. any trader, manufacturer or dealer of Egyptian nationality who has factories or operating places in Egypt ;
2.Foreign subjects or citizens, as long as their country and Egypt signed bilateral treaties ;
3. Business operators in countries with bilateral treaties with Egypt ;
4. To establish trade associations, federations of producers or chambers of commerce with legal personality in Egypt or any country with which Egypt has bilateral treaties ;
5. Public groups.
2. Application and registration of trademarks
Documents required for application
( 1 ) The proxy signed by the notarized and certified applicant ;
2. Trademark drawings ;
3.Copy of notarized corporate business license.
3. Use and revocation of Egyptian trademarks
If the trademark is revoked for non-renewal, no other person shall register the same goods within 3 years. If the court decides, another person may immediately register the revoked trademark.
If a third party applies and has evidence that the registered trademark has not been used for three consecutive years, the court may order the revocation of the registered trademarkUnless the trademark owner makes a legal explanation. Trademark license is regarded as the use of trademark.
Trademark Office and any other person may apply to the court to revoke improperly registered trademarks.